Tuesday, August 6, 2013

10 under $10 Tag!

Beauty Tag Alert!

     First off I have to apologize for how long I've taken so long to post lately. Sorry. It is only because of what I was planning to write about. I've been super excited to do a beauty tag of some sort. If you have been watching any youtubers lately, you will know that the Ten Products Under $10 Tag is a big one right now. I guess I'll do the tag in the order of application that I usually use the products on ma FACE.

     Sooooooo I sadly do not have any foundations or BB creams that are under $10, so I'm skipping those products. I also am a very lucky girl who doesn't need concealer because I don't have dark circles (to me, it's kinda gimicky to buy). That being said, I do get pimples and spots, I just don't feel the need to cover them up; I feel like I would be gunking up those areas if I did. I have also tried a few low priced face powders and haven't found something I like yet. If anyone has a suggestion for a good one, tell me please! :)



      I do have an awesome eyelid primer though! My absolute FAVorite eyelid primer is the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. The shade is Nude 01 and I believe that is the only shade but it seems to have a similar consistency to Too Faced Shadow Insurance and like I said in my July favorites, it holds my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place ALL DAY. I would definitely suggest it if you only have a few dollars to spend on a primer. This came in at around $5 or $6 at CVS.





I have three eyeshadow products for you guys. 



First off, I have my L.A. Colors trios. I would seriously consider getting like all 6 of these since they are only $1 a piece! They have a wonderful pigment, a good range of colors and the pans are the freaking size of a half-dollar! Go get them! NOW!







     Second eyeshadow product is one from Maybelline. These are pretty old school, I've had them for many years, they just work super well and you get a lot of product for your money. These are the ExpertWear Eyeshadow 8-Color Pan Pallets. I have two(that I am counting as one product) in Twilight Rays and Hushed Tones. Some of the pans are shimmery, some are matte, and some are pearl. The quality is pretty great and I have always loved using them. They will only run you $6.50, so it of course I ha to mention it!



     Third eyeshadow product is one that is constantly mentioned on Youtube and those are any of the Wet'n'Wild Trios and 8-Color Palettes :). My personal favorite is the Comfort Zone palette(ironically placed in the back of my photo here) and I cannot say enough about these colors. They are creamy, pigmented, they last all day and many of them end up being dupes for MAC eyeshadows! So if you have a Rite Aid or Walmart near you, get your butt over there right now and pick yourself up some Wet'n'Wild!




     On to more face items, I have the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny. This is also a drugstore cult classic; everyone loves it, its said to be a dupe for Benefit's Hoola, and best part about it is that it's only $3. It's a wonderful shade of bronze and I use this for my contour and for my overall bronzing if I feel like warming up my face. Not much more to say about that lol.




There are two blush products for this tag:



     The first is another Wet'n'Wild product and that is their Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink. This is just a nice rose colored blush with some shimmer in it. As with all of these products, its pigmented and its nice and smooth. It seems to be a pattern with all of my stuff; that I like high-quality items, whether its makeup or not, like I don't wanna buy the expensive stuff if something cheaper will work just as well.





 Anyway the other blush pick is the e.l.f.'s Studio Line Blushes in any color. These are not as smooth as Wet'n'Wild and they are more powdery but I just love the color selection so I couldn't leave this product out :)






     And finally for the lips. I am going to mention three (I'm counting the two Maybelline palettes as well as the Wet'n'Wild eye products as two products, so that makes it 7). The first ones, which I hate how expensive they are($6.99+) but I cannot get enough of, are the Revlon Lip Butters. As I said in my favorites post, I have like 9 or 10 of these, they are 'buttery' smooth, really hydrating and come in 20 freaking colors! I wear one of these at least once a week, and my favorites are Tutti Fruiti(right), Wild Watermelon(left), and Strawberry Shortcake(center).



     Second, I have the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks. I have 7 of these and seriously I want all of them! They smell kind of like a chemically fruity scent that I cannot place but to me its super delicious. They are super pigmented(no surprise there) and they are all matte. The only thing I don't love about these is that they can be a little drying but if I put a balm on before, they end up being fine; nothing I cannot handle. You can get these at many locations for between $4.5 and $5.50.



    The third and final lip product is the Covergirl Lipsticks. I only have three right now but I find them to be pretty long wearing and that's why I like them so much. I wasn't sure if I would like them that much as I mentioned in my last post, especially since for me Covergirl can be pretty hit or miss. But they have a huge range of colors and finishes(many are MAC dupes!), so as long as you don't have super dry lips, you can find a one that you will love!



     And that is it for my 10 Products Under $10 Tag! I hope you guys enjoyed reading and I hope to post again in the next three days! Would love to hear your thoughts down below and if you followed my blog that would be awesome! Love all of you, my beauts, and have an awesome day <3 <3 <3 XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment